Sunday, December 5, 2010

Today is the day before Joey's birthday. He will be four tomorrow. He was born exactly on the day Little Ms Murphy died, and I found him in Elk Grove, just as I found Murphy. It is storming tonight, just as it was the night before he was born. His first two years were rough: he has mellowed so much and is a wonderful companion for me. I think he is unsually calm for a cocker spaniel but I think he has adapted to my less active days. He isn't getting fat, so he gets enough exercise chasing raccoons, squirrels and birds in the backyard. He is very different from Murphy. They couldn't be more different. Yet Murphy did and Joey does bring motivation to my day, warmth to my heart and comfort to my soul. Happy birthday, Joe Cocker. May you live long and well. May you have a wonderful life. May we continue to be just what the other needs. My heart is thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment