Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy

Today marks the 100th anniversary of my father's birth. I will celebrate 65 years this October. How much the world has changed since he died at the age of 80. My life has certainly changed -- I'm divorced, retired and an orphan. My sister's profile would state the same.

My daughters are mothers and my grandchildren are thriving, beautiful people. Jennifer was 20 when Grand-Dad died, still in college and wondering what her life would be like. Lisa was 23 and working in a job where she would meet her future husband. So the twenty intervening years have been rich with change, filled with mystery and wonder. He would have loved all the grandkids, but would especially have gotten a kick out of the sense of humor each of them displays. Humor was my Dad's nourishment. And he would have loved their physical abilities, courage and intellect. Thanks for being born. I miss you still.

No comments:

Post a Comment