Friday, September 17, 2010

Last Grandparents' Day Celebration at School



I grabbed this photo from my daughter's blog page -- it just kind of says it all about Jace. It was taken when he played baseball this summer and got to play catcher. I used to think Jace would need a helmet to get through life, but he seems to have learned how to land better when he crashes!

So, today - with mixed emotions - I graduated from attending Grandparents' Day celebrations for my grandchildren. Jace is the youngest and his event was today. I so loved seeing him in his classroom and watching him take care of us by getting chairs, carrying the game out to the picnic yard and serving us our lunches. Afterwards we returned to the classroom to complete with him an art project the teacher will be sending home later.

There is a huge difference between Kindergarten and First Grade. Jace has matured a lot over the summer and he is somewhat timid in the group setting. The look of relief when we made eye contact was so cute. He was so very sweet, and I have memories from today I will cherish. How fortunate I am to have been there today and to be able to spend so much time with my distant grandkids, as well as those at home.

I am blessed beyond measure when each and all of them give me giant hugs, draw pictures or make cards for me, sing songs or play music for me, eat 3 servings of pasta for me, and best of all, love me to the moon and stars and more.

God is good -- all is right with my world tonight. I have enjoyed and treasured this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment