Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy happy birthday, baby

My baby Jennifer is 40 years old today. We have been having some amazing weather in Pacifica and San Francisco this week -- just like the several days before she was born. I was so uncomfortable -- edema, too much weight gain, pregnant and overdue. It was a beautiful afternoon, so Jim grilled some steaks and we had baked potatoes and salad for dinner. I called the doctor and he told me to have a glass of red wine: maybe the contractions would stop. I did, and they didn't. So off we went to San Francisco for a pretty easy natural delivery (only because the anesthetic didn't work) and Jennifer was born in the wee hours of September 28th. Such was the beginning of changes in our lives that we could never have imagined. I'm so proud of Jen and the woman she is. So, happy happy birthday, sweet child o' mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment