Friday, June 11, 2010

I admit to myself how lucky I am that my physical issues only involve pain and not anything life-threatening. Both my Mom and Dad had osteo-arthritis in their backs and endured pain from which there was no relief from medication available at the time. Both were diagnosed early in their lives in their mid-30's. To have reached the ripe old age of 64 before it really began to be constant makes me fortunate.

There was a little episode yesterday while the grandkids and I were making cards, after a really good few hours of laughing, playing, tickling and just talking. One of the kids was very intense about a process and I lost it. I didn't hurt anyone -- I just stomped out of the room, tossing aside whatever was in my hand -- and realized that behavior is so not me with my grandkids. In talking about it later with Lisa, we realized together that its all because of my frustration and pain. I have an appointment with the surgeon to discuss any options that might be available. The kids shook it off but I called them in the evening to apologize. They are so forgiving.....but then, it wasn't really a big old deal. It just spoke volumes to me. God is good. Children believe in second, third, fifty-ninth chances........

No comments:

Post a Comment