Thursday, June 10, 2010

It was a long night of little sleep -- arose finally at 6:05 to Joey's squirming to get outside. I have stayed on track today and feel encouraged by that. Remembering to take my medicine is important and I think I will set the alarm on my cell to remind me. Gotta make these gadgets work to my convenience. Joey is getting a shower and shave today and he will be "all that" when I pick him up. Cockers are so beautiful --

Looking back seems less frequent, but looking ahead has yet to engage without effort. Someone once told me that I live in the past. What's the old saying? Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it? I wouldn't trade a single memory for a chance to rewrite history. I love the old Garth Brooks song "The Dance", as it applies to life in general.

Feeling a little lost at times is not anything to worry about. Feeling alone at times makes me grateful for those times when I am not. Wanting to cherish each day just for what it is -- that is a goal I labor towards. I know that the road is getting shorter, not longer, and anything I can do to make my life meaningful -- that is what I want to do. Even if that means leaving memories for my children to pass along, or an impression on each of my grandkids that they will one day tell to their children's children. Its all about quality now. That is up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment